This recipe is so good for use on any salad, but particularly good on Caesar Salad.
BTW, this stuff is like popcorn. You will find yourself snacking on it long after the salad has been eaten.
INGREDIENTS3 to 4 cups large, unsweetened coconut flakes (not regular shredded coconut!)
3 tablespoons Bragg's Aminos, aka: Bragg All Purpose Liquid Soy Seasoning.
2½ tablespoons liquid smoke (any flavor, choose your favorite)
10 drops liquid stevia (I sometimes use 12 - 15 drops. Taste it!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a half-sheet pan or large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the liquid ingredients in a small measuring cup or bowl.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the coconut flakes with tamari, liquid smoke and liquid stevia mixture. Mix well. I find it easiest to toss with my hands. Spread the flakes into an even layer on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack for 12 to 14 minutes, until flakes are mostly dry and turning golden on the edges.
- (Keep an eye on the coconut as it can go from golden brown to deep burnt brown fairly quickly. For softer bacon, you'll probably only need to bake for 12 minutes, for crispy bacon, aim for 14.)
- The coconut flakes will further crisp up as they cool.
- Let the "bacon" cool. Then use it immediately, or freeze for up to three months (It will never last that long).