Monday, September 14, 2009

Chili Lime Salad Dressing


When it comes to salad dressing, I sometimes get tired of the same flavors. Balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil is my typical mix, but tonight I had two limes that needed to be used, and I used them for a really interesting salad dressing which I thoroughly enjoyed. Here's that recipe:

1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Mexican chili powder (Check the label. You dont want spices with MSG or other crazy ingredients.)
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated into the mix

Pour all the ingredients into a re-sealable jar, and shake vigorously. Makes 12 oz.
This dressing took me about 3 minutes to prepare, and I will have it to enjoy for a week or two. I think you'll enjoy it, too.